This starter is specifically designed for MK5 and MK8/9 gearboxes commonly found on Formula Fords. The housing can be clocked to 15 different positions (24 degree increments) on the mounting flange so the solenoid can clear obstructions. Weighs only 7 lbs -- 35% lighter than the original Super Starter!
Note: This starter is designed to fit most FF1600/FF2000/S2000 chassis with the common 2 1/8" thick adapter plate. It will not fit most chassis with the oil tank between the engine and transmission (including '90 and up Van Diemen, Reynard, and Swift).
Body diameter: 2 3/4"
Overall height (body plus solenoid): 5 1/16"
Body length (rear of mounting flange to rear of body): 6.91"
XLT-Series Super Starters are designed for individuals that desire the most compact and lightest weight starter available. Suitable for use on engines up to 400 C.I.D. and/or 10.5:1 compression ratio with a standard diameter flywheel.
What makes an XLT-Series Super Starter?
Every XLT-Series is made with top quality, 100% new components, assembled by highly trained technicians and individually dyno-tested to assure quality. Over 30 years of listening to feedback from motorsports customers has gone into the constant development of these starters, making them the choice for the most demanding applications.
- Lightweight yet powerful, the 1.6 HP motor and planetary gear-reduction provides the torque need to start high performance engines.
- Precision machined components are held to critical tolerances, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Internal vibration damping and electrical insulation provide longevity and maximum performance.
- Thread locking compound is used on all fasteners and are secured to precise specifications.
- Serrated belleville lock washers are used to ensure fasteners stay in place through severe vibrat